Pages

1/09/2012

BULACAN │ Monkey Bridge Over Madlum River

Crossing the monkey bridge.
One of the exciting side trip of Mt. Manalmon and Mt. Gola climb is Monkey bridge crossing. It is approximately 20-30 meter long of solid wire securely tied around two boulders. It is free of charge for everyone, just guts required.

You have to go to the side of the river where cable is located, slightly elevated and slippery area to start. Upon reaching the area and conditioning thy self, I hold on the wires up, stepped on and started my small steps. At first, the upper and lower wires were firm and closer to each other. My elbows and shoulder were bent 90 degrees. However, as I get closer to the center, I felt that my arms were stretched all up and feeling of wire under getting slacked. My arms were getting tired that made me move slower to have a little rest. As I continue to move towards 1/4 end of the line, the feeling of firmness were got back.
Monkey bridge view from the other side of the river.
This activity is easier for tall people like 5ft. above who can hold on to the wires  comfortably especially when you reached the middle. As I said earlier, wires there are slack and you might have in trouble if you disregard this. Well you can just jump into the waters if you can't continue anymore. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...